MALI SERVICE CENTER
Organization: The Mali Service Center (MSC) was established by the Government of Mali to operate as an independent service center for the financial and administrative management of research funding provided to the University of Sciences, Techniques and Technologies of Bamako (USTTB) or other entities within Mali by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other international donors.
Position: Operations Manager
- Provide oversight over administrative matters such as procurement, human resources, travel, client relationship, business development and marketing for the MSC through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
- Comply with the standard duties and accountabilities associated with ensuring the smooth operational procedures of the MSC - Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the MSC.
- Provide strategic direction to the Operations Department, especially strengthening the client existing base by ensuring quality service and develop a marketing strategy to add new projects to widen the client base.
- Ensure proper use of funds and funded resources from partners in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and guidance.
- Ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Liaises with the TMG’s Home Office Program and Managers to respond to management issues.
- Conduct training sessions and project team meetings for project personnel, administrative staff and USTTB staff.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Must have a Master Degree in Business Administration, Management or Marketing.
- MBA preferred.
- At least 10-15 years of experience administrating programmatic activities.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating grant agreements and contracts; formulating policy, developing and implementing new strategies and procedures; and examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Demonstrated performance in entrepreneurial development of a business or project.
- Experience with US Government or other International Donor development programs.
- Knowledge of public relations and marketing principles and practices. Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and staff including interacting with a wide range of people from policy makers, administrators to scientific researchers.
- Excellent computer skills required in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Must be fluent speaking/reading/writing English and French.
- The ideal candidate must have experience working in Mali.
- Malian candidate preferred.
Location: Full-time position based in Bamako, Mali.
To Apply: Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Apply By: January 29, 2016